Walk The Distance
Before you land in your calling, God may place you somewhere that looks nothing like it...right in the middle of the wilderness.
He challenges us there. He grows us there. He tests us there.
It’s in the wilderness that, while we are waiting for our dream, God builds our character. He grows us by placing us in seasons of waiting and asks us to trust, draw near to Him, and keep walking towards our breakthrough.
Pastor Chris gave us a few points this past Sunday to help us grow an understanding of the dry, barren places:
1. The One you know will overcome the fear of the unknown.
- It’s so easy to spend time glorifying the obstacle, but God wants to show up and move. If you don’t embrace the challenge, you aren’t giving God room to show up. Shift your focus from the obstacle to the One who will help you overcome it.
- Ask yourself, “What am I walking out to battle with?". The testimonies you gather are stones you bring to the battlefield to defeat your giants. You can walk out onto the battlefield with courage knowing He is with you. Victory is the theme.
2. You will walk at the level of your perspective.
- You can be in a place filled with opportunity and miss it if your perspective is not in check. When you start to lose track of what He’s done, you forget what He is capable of doing.
- If you don’t shift your perspective, you will continue to be limited by it.
3. You will walk at the level of your emotions.
- Sometimes, you don’t have fruit of the spirit but rather you have fruit of the situation. Your emotional reactions should be based on who He is.
- Galatians 5: 22-23 says, “But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.”
- Let your emotions come under the reality of who Jesus is.
The wilderness might not look like where we want to be, but maybe it is where we need to be.
Walk knowing He with you and that victory is His theme. Walk with a perspective focused on what He has already done and what He will do.
Walk with a grip on your emotions.
Keep walking. The wilderness is not forever.
Sunday's Worship Setlist
Love Won’t Let Me Down - Hillsong Young & Free
Spirit Move - Bethel Music
Take Courage - Bethel Music
Peace Be Still - The Belonging Co