Greatness Was Not Meant to Wait
We should have an understanding that we can be everything that God has called us to be today, tomorrow, and every other day after that. We don’t have to wait to arrive at our greatness because greatness was not meant to wait.
1 Corinthians 1: 20-25 redefines greatness for us. Instead of the weight being on us, Jesus takes our burdens and carries the weight for us. He says that greatness is an offer for anyone who leans on Him.
A simple shift of our focus can determine whether we run or whether we stay standing:
1. You do not need to be qualified to love.
- The greatest desire we have is to be loved and to be known. One of our greatest fears is that when we are known, we might not be loved.
- Love has the opportunity to change the world, and all we have to do is carry what God has done for us.
- Love is a conduit where God’s plan in your life is expressed. Where it is expressed, it can manifest.
- Love has a different spirit about the way it communicates.
- Love is bigger and more powerful than we give it credit for.
2. You can’t sit on the fence.
- Love needs a voice and sometimes we have got to stand up.
- We get caught up in wanting to stand for God but we often don’t know how to do it.
- God loves people even though He might not love what they do
We tell people what we think they are ready for, yet we need to realize that He sent us to simply love them and to point them to Jesus. If we are going to be a revolution that resembles Jesus, then we have got to get good at loving people in our city and loving the people in it - no matter where they are.
3. Passion is all consuming.
- If you don’t have passion, greatness will always be on the back burner.
- Passion is the greatest antidote to our insecurity.
- In order to bring passion into your world, you have to make space for it. We make space for it by getting to know Jesus and spending time with Him. The by product to getting to know Jesus is passion.
You on your worst day leaning on Jesus is better than you on my best day alone.
You don’t need to fix your brokenness or have it more together. Instead, lean on His perfection and watch Him start to unfold greatness in you.
Sunday's Worship Setlist
Never Gonna Hide - SEU Worship
Say The Word - Hillsong United
Take Courage - Bethel Music