Turn It Around
Not every place we are in is a place we want to stay.
Do you ever wish you could turn it around? Jesus offers us the ability to turn around - the chance to get up from where we are to get to greater places, and it is through repentance.
So what is repentance? Repentance is walking away from the things that have held us back, lied to us, hurt us, and labeled us, and turning towards what God has for us instead. Repentance is our ticket to breakthrough.
So how can we walk away if we don’t know what we are turning to?
We cannot properly repent if we don’t understand redemption. Redemption enables repentance. Do you have an awareness of your redeemed self?
How can we better understand what we are turning towards and get a better grip of understanding repentance? Let's look at 3 practical things you can do to start turning around.
1. Physically block off time to get with Jesus.
- Ask God what you need to walk away from.
- God will show you where you need to be through spending time with Him, and you discover this through His word.
- Psalm 119: 105 says that God’s word is a lamp to our feet and a light to our path. If you don’t spend time to understand His word in order to know what you are entitled to, how will you run for it?
2. Seek out vision.
- Ask God what you are made for. We often hold onto the baggage of others and we miss the places God wants to take us. You have to get to a place where you can hear God and get to God. Ask & Listen.
- Write it down. Write your standards down. Write down what God is calling you to. Write down the vision make it plain. Put it on pen and paper.
3. Keep Asking God. Prayer.
- Ask God to renew what you want. Ask God to shift what you desire. The best way to turn it around is through prayer.
- Pray yourself into it.
- You don't have to stay in your mess. You can always turn it around.
Sunday's Worship Setlist
Love Won’t Let Me Down - Hillsong Young & Free
Not Today - Hillsong United
Peace Be Still - The Belonging Co
Here As In Heaven - Elevation Worship